Friday, February 8, 2013

Ghoulish Paeans to the Destruction of Babies

In spite of the left-leaning population's proud reputation (among themselves) for nuanced "shades of gray" kind of thinking, here is yet another example of the inevitable leftist slide from tolerance to acceptance to embrace to celebration.
I love abortion. I don’t accept it. I don’t view it as a necessary evil. I embrace it. I donate to abortion funds. . . . I love abortion.  . . .  Safe and legal are concepts I fully support, but rare is something I cannot abide. . . . [T]here is no need to suggest that abortion be rare. To say so implies a value judgement, promoting the idea that abortion is somehow distasteful or immoral and should be avoided. *
Well, we can't have the "idea that abortion is somehow distasteful or immoral."  That's judgmental.  If we are going to tolerate something, we should have the decency to suspend all judgment and celebrate it as wonderful!

In another recent article entitled "So what if abortion ends life", a mother argues that unborn babies are human lives, but their worth all depends on whether they are wanted.  So it makes sense to love them and sing to them if you want them; it makes sense to eliminate them with extreme prejudice if you don't. (And by you, she means mother.)
. . . I’m a mom who loved the lives she incubated from the moment she peed on those sticks, and is also now well over 40 and in an experimental drug trial. If by some random fluke I learned today I was pregnant, you bet your ass I’d have an abortion. I’d have the World’s Greatest Abortion.  *
Gee whiz! The bestest abortion ever!  We'll throw a big party to celebrate the extermination of the little parasite, because the freedom is just so wonderful!  She loves the smell of saline-poisoned fetus in the morning.  Smells like victory.

Canticles to the death of infants.  Psalms of mutilation.  Ghoulish.  Truly ghoulish.
“Americans have always had a low tolerance for the icky factor related to anything that seems to involve parents engineering their families. . . . Would I be personally horrified to find out a woman and her husband routinely sought abortions of female fetuses? Yes, I would. Would I seek to stop them? No, not beyond any personal counsel or public criticism it’s in my rights to provide. That’s just the way it is. Sometimes, freedom means we have to live with the possibility of icky things.” *
Oh, don't worry.  The icky factor is obviously wearing off, and soon we'll be able to celebrate the abortion of the wrong sort of kid.  It'll be the World's Greatest Abortion.

Eugenics-inspired abortion?  You're just not used to it.  Give it some time.  Eventually, it won't seem so bad.  In fact, it'll be GREAT.  The greatest.

No comments:

Post a Comment